The Innovation Enterprise Programme received €2,272,418, part-financed by the European Union’s INTERREG IVA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB). The Programme is led by Omagh District Council and the partners are Leitrim County Enterprise Fund, Leitrim County Enterprise Board, Leitrim County Council and Omagh Enterprise Company.
As part of the Programme,a new £1.4 million Technology Enterprise Centre will be built at the Leitrim County Enterprise Fund site on the Dublin Road. The Technology Enterprise Centre includes the development of a 7,500 sq. ft. state of the art building which will provide a purpose built, technology focused business environment for 14 new and expanding businesses
The new centre, set to provide an exciting business environment for a new dynamic community of entrepreneurs, is part of The Innovation Enterprise Programme (IEP); a cross-border initiative between Leitrim and Omagh with the aim of supporting the creation and development of innovative technology-oriented businesses in the region.
The project also provides business advisory services, including specialist consultancy, mentoring, seminars and cross-border network events. Free mentoring is available to those looking to develop a business idea and a number of free social media seminars will be taking place in the coming weeks.
Importantly, high speed broadband at affordable prices and flexible lease terms will help contain costs at a critical point in a business’s gestation. The hot desk facility, which is new to the region, enables people to drop-in and work in a vibrant environment with like minded individuals. The new Technology Enterprise Centre will be a ‘one stop shop’ offering more than just office space to growing entrepreneurs. Business advisory services, including specialist consultancy, mentoring, seminars and cross-border network events all help support and facilitate those looking to develop a business idea.
AIM OF INNOVATION CENTRES
- Increase number of high potential start-ups
- Improve early stage survival rates
- Accelerate company / job growth
The Technology Enterprise Centre will include provision of new types of units and services which will allow for a range of enterprises. In addition better services and opportunities for networking for all occupants are planned. Among the additional items included in Technology Enterprise Centre are:
BENEFITS FOR START-UP COMPANIES
- Incubation space for company start-up
- Desk space for individuals researching a concept or idea
- Business Development Supports such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Intellectual Property
- Mentoring, Networking, Legal, Export Development
- Access to research capability
- Access to graduates and postgraduates
- Hot desk area, with desk-space and facilities for 10 desks;
- Workshop / industrial space for high tech manufacturing operations (e.g. electronics etc);
- Meeting and training rooms;
- On-site Business Development Office (with professional development workshops and seminars, business advice and referral services); Programmes will be designed and delivered to suit businesses needs and demand.
For further information on the Innovation Enterprise Programme or space at the Technology Enterprise Centre contact Hilary on 0719620450 or via email at email@example.com